In this tutorial, I will show you how to live boot Kali Linux via USB, Which is a pretty hassle-free process.
But first a little background about Kali Linux.
Kali Linux is a Linux distro which is designed by keeping Pentesting in mind. It is specifically designed for security testing and stuff. So it comes with a large number of tools already bundled.
Which makes it pretty heavy distro regarding it is a Linux distro. Linux distros are well known for their lightweight and less resource demanding features.
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is out! How to dual boot Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with Windows 10 on UEFI
Under the hood, Kali is based on Debian distro. Its resource code is freely available to everyone, anyone can use the code as per their interest. It is a universal OS it can boot on Windows PCs Mac books and even on tiny Android devices.
If you would like me to make a tutorial on how to install Kali Linux on Android then leave a comment down below.
Why is it feasible to live boot Kali Linux instead of installing it
You might wanna read: Connect to WIFI without any password.
- It takes almost about 5 to 10 minutes only to get kali up and running without going through any hassles.
- It leaves no traces cache or any data on any machine you boot it.
- It is super easy to destroy data permanently if you need to.
- It is cheaper than destroying a PC mac or an Android phone.
- You don’t need to do any extra work to get it fully functioning, unlike VM.
Now you need to decide whether to live boot kali via USB or dual boot Kali Linux, install Kali Linux in VM, solo install Kali Linux in your system.
Okay now if you still reading then I assume you want to live boot Kali Linux via USB. Let’s begin.
How to compress files online before downloading You might be interested.
- USB at least 8 GB or higher.
- Rufus download here
- Download Kali Linux ISO according to your architecture here
- 10 minutes of your time
How to live boot Kali Linux via USB
Interesting read maybe: Old vs new method WPS WPA tester wifi hack
- Step 1- Download Latest version of Rufus from above link.
- Step 2- Download Latest version of Kali Linux ISO file according to your architecture from above link.
- Step 3- Install and launch Rufus.
- Step 4- Click on disk icon next to “iso image” then browse and select the earlier downloaded ISO file.
- Step 5- Make sure to select the intended drive by clicking on the drop-down arrow. It should not contain any data you want to keep because you need to format it.
- step 6- Sit back and wait until burning process is completed and click close. (you’ll know the process is complete if the ready message appears again).
- Step 7- Keep the USB plugged in and reboot into the boot menu and select the option which says your USB name or USB in its name. Don’t worry you will get it in a couple of tries if you didn’t get it on the first try.
You are halfway to Dual booting Kali Linux on your PC. You should consider doing it. It has its own set of benefits and on top of that, it is easy as hell.
- Step 8- Select the first name that says Live Boot and press enter.
- Step 9- If prompted for username and password type in root as username and “toor” as password if not you are good to go.
Hope this post was useful. If you got any issues or are unclear about any step then you may leave a comment down below I will do my best to be of help, Thank you.
Have a good day.