The objective of this tutorial is to flash or install recovery in Samsung J5 2016 Nougat 7.1.1. With this method, you can flash recovery without root, yes! you don’t need root access for this method to work.
In this tutorial, I’m flashing TWRP recovery in my J5 2o16 version but you can also flash any other custom recovery you want.
How to connect to WI-FI without password You might be interested.
Although given TWRP recovery is meant to work with every j5 2016 still, I haven’t personally tested it on other variants so do it at your own risk. Comment down below if someone tested it and works on any other variant than J510F or not. That would be really helpful for other readers.
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. And you will be able to create and restore Nandroid backups, Flash new ROM, root your j5 2016 version and much more via a touch interface. Nobody wants to navigate via hardware keys ;).
Compress files online before downloading. Honorable mention. Check that out.
- Samsung Drivers Get it now
- Odin for your PC Download now
- TWRP file Download it now
- Your time
- Functioning PC
I will do my best to guide you through all the steps without any problems. So that being said let us begin the process.
How to flash recovery on Samsung J510 2016
- Step 1: download the latest version of Samsung drivers from the link given above and install it. You must install drivers for Odin to recognize your device in download mode.
- Step 2: If Driver installation went successfully then proceed to the next step. Download and install Odin, the link is provided above.
- Step 3: Finally, download TWRP from the given link and place it on your desktop if you will.
- Step 4: Now your PC part is all set its time for your Device. Open settings then click on status and press build number until you are now a developer option pops up.
- Step 5: In the settings area go to developer options and enable ‘OEM unlock’ option. Scroll down a bit more and you will see USB debugging enable it too.
- Step 6: Power off your phone. After your phone is powered off properly then again press and hold the power button, home button and volume down button.
- Step 7: You should now see a warning message. press volume up button.
- Step 8: Connect your device to your PC via while the Odin is launched or in running state. After sometime Odin should detect your device if you installed the drivers correctly. Finally, click on options and then deselect auto reboot.
- Step 9: Click on AP and locate the downloaded TWRP .tar file and press start.
- Step 10: Once you see the pass message in Odin unplug your Android phone.
If you somehow brick your device in the process here is the how to unbrick any Samsung phone guide.
- Step 11: Press and hold power, home and volume down button. As soon as you see the black screen or blank screen then press and hold power up button instead of power down button.
- Step 12: Now you will be successfully booted into freshly flashed TWRP if everything goes as expected. Now you can root your Samsung J510 2016 If you wish.
If you prefer video tutorials here is the link to the same tutorial in a video flash recovery in Samsung j510 2016 nougat
And that you flashed custom recovery to your devices you can do all kinds of things like root your Samsung phone flash custom ROM and much more.
Hope this tutorial was helpful. Feel free to comment down below if you have any problems or queries.